Monday, January 17, 2011

Duplicate folders "Conversation Action Settings", "Quick Step Settings" were detected in the mailbox. Therefore the user's connection was disconnected.

The Fix

Open Outlook Web Access in either IE or Firefox. Select Manage Folders (or just expand the folders in IE), delete the duplicate "Conversation Action Settings" and "Quick Step Settings" folders.

The screen shots are in Firefox as I was working on my mac at the time. If you need the IE instructions, just comment on this post.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this....
    How do I perform these steps in IE?

    ThankyouThankyou!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depending on how the server admin has configured exchange, the hidden folders may not be visible in outlook web access. In my case, I was not able to see them through any method EXCEPT via mail.app in Mac OSX. I was then able to successfully delete the folder from Mail.app. After this, all of my clients (thunderbird and Alpine) were able to connect once again to exchange 2007.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, are the IE instructions still available, plz..

    ReplyDelete